Custom Centrifugal Castings
Sandusky Limited is a leader in custom cylinders in long, unwelded lengths and large diameters. Sandusky pioneeered the centrifugal casting process a century ago and offers superior flexibility in dimensions, composition, and properties. Our manufactuing process ensures inherent roundness, straightness, and uniform wall thickness. When several lengths are required, multiple pieces can be economically made from a single casting.
Using the centrifugal process, the casting's grain structure provides cylinders with uniformly, non-directional mechanical properties. Because they are inherently round and concentric, cylinders have greater dimensional stability, making them ideal for a diverse variety of applications. Sandusky's casting process also offers enhanced flexibility in cylindrical sizes and materials, both ferrous and nonferrous.
Producing cylinders with quality takes more than a superior manufacturing process. It takes the hightest quality state-of-the-art equipment such as custom engineered lathes mounted on bedrock to ensure stability of precision machining. And, most important, it takes experienced personnel to run that equipment.
- Custom Engineered Centrifugals
Ingot (Including AOD-refined ingot)
- All 300 Series Stainless Ingot
- All 400 Series Stainless Ingot
- All Duplex Grade Ingot
- All Tool Steel Ingot
- All Monel Ingot
- All Nickel Based Alloy Ingot
- All Low Alloy Steel Ingot
Sandusky Engineered Products Specializes In:
- 310 – CK20
- Nickel X
- OD of 254 mm - 1524 mm / 10" - 60" ; lengths up to 10,800 mm / 426"
- Non Ferrous and carbon steel to 36,400 kg / 80,000 pounds
- Stainless steel to 61,400 kg / 135,000 pounds
Quality and certifications
- ISO 9001:2008 (QMS)
- Lloyd's Register - Copper Alloy Castings for Valves, Liners, Bushes and Fittings
- Det Norske Veritas
- GL / Germanischer Lloyd
- ASTM, ASME and military specifications
- MOD Defence Equipment & Support
- ABS / American Bureau of Shipping
- AOD processing
- Automated stress relief
- Full machining including turning, boring, grinding, drilling, and roll balance for parts up to 12,700 mm / 500" in length and 90,900 kg / 200,000 pounds .
- Solidification modeling
- Twist and gun drilling
- Recycling and environmental programs