MetalTek International History
MetalTek's family of companies can trace their roots back into the 1800's. Long term stability and deep relationships bring customers back time and time again.
View the timeline below to see important dates in MetalTek International's history.
1890 - 1949
- 1890 Carondelet Division founded as Carondelet Foundry Co. in St. Louis, MO.
- 1904 Sandusky International Division founded as Sandusky Foundry and Machine by William Millspaugh.
- 1929 Carondelet Foundry installs a 3,000 pound indirect arc-rocking furnace to pour gray iron.
- 1945 Wisconsin Centrifugal Division founded as Whitewater Casting Co. by Bob Nevins, Henry Seeboth, Paul Schneider.
1950 – 1979
- 1952 Carondelet Foundry installs one of the world's first spectrographs for metal heat analysis.
- 1954 Sandusky Foundry produces first stainless steel suction shell and continued to advance centrifugal technology.
- 1960 Whitewater Casting Co. acquires Wisconsin Stainless Foundry & Machine Corp. to add stainless capability.
- 1964 Sandusky Foundry adds Sandusky Limited location in Glenrothes, Scotland.
- 1966 Whitewater Casting Co. changes name to Wisconsin Centrifugal, Inc.
- 1970s Carondelet Foundry focusses on heat, corrosion, and wear resistant alloys and R&D yields 2-6 new patents per year.
- 1974 Southern Centrifugal Division founded as a maker of centrifugally cast bronze gears.
- 1975 Sandusky International introduced first high corrosion resistant/low residual stress duplex stainless steel for paper mill suction roll shells.
- 1978 Wisconsin Investcast Division founded as Waukesha Foundry producing investment castings.
1980 - 1989
- 1980 Wisconsin Centrifugal merged with Anaconda Brass to become Arco Metals.
- 1983 Waukesha Foundry expands with building a new 46,000 sq ft. facility.
- 1984 Sandusky International patented “Alloy 86” dramatically extending life.
- 1985 Wisconsin Centrifugal purchased by a group of investors including Carter Paden, President of Southern Centrifugal.
- 1989 Waukesha Foundry purchased by Wisconsin Centrifugal.
1990 - 1999
- 1991 Carondelet Foundry breaks ground for the current state-of-the-art facility in Pevely, MO.
- 1997 Carondelet Foundry acquired by SW Centrifugal to expand sand capabilities.
- 1998 Southern Centrifugal purchases Bearium Metals to add to low-friction bronze.
- 1999 Wisconsin Centrifugal creates MetalTek International.
- 1999 Carondelet Foundry joins MetalTek International.
- 1999 Southern Centrifugal joins MetalTek International.
- 1999 Wisconsin Investcast joins MetalTek International.
2000 - TODAY
- 2002 Wisconsin Investcast expands by adding a new shell line and square footage.
- 2007 Wisconsin Investcast achieves Nadcap certification for supplier of Aerospace and Defense products.
- 2008 Carondelet Division expands into patternless molding to respond to demand for quick turnaround, low volume castings.
- 2010 Sandusky International joins MetalTek International.
- 2014 MetalTek launches Delivering More Than Metal initiative to drive customer service excellence.
- 2014 Carondelet Division expands Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) capabilities for large castings and alloy refinement.
- 2016 All MetalTek divisions achieve record safety performance.
- 2016 Wisconsin Centrifugal achieves Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) certification.
- 2016 Southern Centrifugal operations consolidated with other divisions.