The days when manufacturers had a host of technical experts on staff are past in many industries. And this at a time when material choices are broader and product performance demands are higher than they have ever been. So the situation will not get any easier. Progressive companies can expect to maintain leadership in their market segments only if they can find and leverage the expertise they need to stay ahead. By accessing the 20+ metallurgists and materials experts and 80+ engineers at MetalTek, our customers get the information and advice they need to excel.
A collaborative materials relationship may take any number of forms.
- It may be as simple as confirming that the metal being used for a given application is best suited for the environment it is working in.
- An analysis may suggest a different alloy that would optimize performance, or cost less.
- A tweak to an existing material grade – by an organization that manages all its own chemistries for more than 450+ alloys – may deliver that slight edge in performance that sets your products apart.
- Upfront materials planning for new products or product enhancements may avoid performance problems down the road.
- Joint R&D projects to advance the technology for specific applications enhance product features.
- On-site MetalTekNology(TM) classes and seminars to share market, product and materials information, tailored to your specifications lets you access the expertise that you need.
That is part of the package for MetalTek customers. Take advantage of it. Make us an extension of your own technical staff.