November 25, 2020
By: Dave Olsen
- Aluminum Bronze Alloys
- A family of alloys containing aluminum as the principle alloying element, offering strength similar to medium carbon steel and possessing excellent corrosion resistance.
Properties – Why select this material
- As aluminum content increases, hardness and tensile strength increase.
- The lower the aluminum content, the better the corrosion resistance.
Applications – Frequent uses
- Components in seawater service
- Wear plates
- Corrosion resistant applications
For guidance in selecting the appropriate aluminum bronze in your application, contact us.
Download Our Alloy Guide
Download Our Where Used Guide
Grade MTEK 844 (C84400) and MTEK 85-5-5-5 (C83600) Red brasses Description General utility alloys where reasonable strength and...
Grade Nickel Aluminum Bronze Alloys Description This group of alloys contains nickel and is primarily selected where a...