Company History

MetalTek International History

MetalTek's family of companies can trace their roots back into the 1800's. Long term stability and deep relationships bring customers back time and time again.

View the timeline below to see important dates in MetalTek International's history.

1890 - 1949

  • 1890: Carondelet Division founded as Carondelet Foundry Co. in St. Louis, MO.

  • 1904: Sandusky International Division founded as Sandusky Foundry and Machine by William Millspaugh.

  • 1929: Carondelet Foundry installs a 3,000 pound indirect arc-rocking furnace to pour gray iron.

  • 1945: Wisconsin Centrifugal Division founded as Whitewater Casting Co. by Bob Nevins, Henry Seeboth, Paul Schneider.

1950 - 1979

  • 1952: Carondelet Foundry installs one of the world's first spectrographs for metal heat analysis.

  • 1954: Sandusky Foundry produces first stainless steel suction shell and continued to advance centrifugal technology.

  • 1960: Whitewater Casting Co. acquires Wisconsin Stainless Foundry & Machine Corp. to add stainless capability.

  • 1964: Sandusky Foundry adds Sandusky Limited location in Glenrothes, Scotland.

  • 1966: Whitewater Casting Co. changes name to Wisconsin Centrifugal, Inc.

  • 1970s: Carondelet Foundry focusses on heat, corrosion, and wear resistant alloys and R&D yields 2-6 new patents per year.

  • 1974: Southern Centrifugal Division founded as a maker of centrifugally cast bronze gears.

  • 1975: Sandusky International introduced first high corrosion resistant/low residual stress duplex stainless steel for paper mill suction roll shells.

  • 1978: Wisconsin Investcast Division founded as Waukesha Foundry producing investment castings.

1980 - 1989

  • 1980: Wisconsin Centrifugal merged with Anaconda Brass to become Arco Metals.

  • 1983: Waukesha Foundry expands with building a new 46,000 sq ft. facility.

  • 1984: Sandusky International patented “Alloy 86” dramatically extending life.

  • 1985: Wisconsin Centrifugal purchased by a group of investors including Carter Paden, President of Southern Centrifugal.

  • 1989: Waukesha Foundry purchased by Wisconsin Centrifugal.

1990 - 1999

  • 1991: Carondelet Foundry breaks ground for the current state-of-the-art facility in Pevely, MO.

  • 1997: Carondelet Foundry acquired by SW Centrifugal to expand sand capabilities.

  • 1998: Southern Centrifugal purchases Bearium Metals to add to low-friction bronze.

  • 1999: Wisconsin Centrifugal creates MetalTek International.

  • 1999: Carondelet Foundry joins MetalTek International.

  • 1999: Wisconsin Investcast joins MetalTek International.

  • 1999: Southern Centrifugal joins MetalTek International.

2000 - 2019

  • 2002: Wisconsin Investcast expands by adding a new shell line and square footage.

  • 2007: Wisconsin Investcast achieves Nadcap certification for supplier of Aerospace and Defense products.

  • 2008: Carondelet Division expands into patternless molding to respond to demand for quick turnaround, low volume castings.

  • 2010: Sandusky International joins MetalTek International.

  • 2014: MetalTek launches Delivering More Than Metal initiative to drive customer service excellence.

  • 2014: Carondelet Division expands Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) capabilities for large castings and alloy refinement.

  • 2016: All MetalTek divisions achieve record safety performance.

  • 2016: Wisconsin Centrifugal achieves Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) certification.

  • 2016: Southern Centrifugal operations consolidated with other divisions.

2020 - TODAY

  • 2020: Carondelet Division adds robotic grinding capabilities.

  • 2021: MetalTek rebrands its purpose statement as "Making A Lasting Difference".