December 1, 2020
By: Dave Olsen
Ferralium® 255 (J32550 / Licensed by Langley Alloys)
Proprietary high strength duplex stainless steel
Properties – Why select this material
- Outstanding corrosion and erosion resistance
- Twice the strength of common austenitic stainless steels
- Reduced section sizes because of strength may reduce weight.
- Highly resistant to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Machining and welding similar to the austenitic stainless steels.
Applications – Frequent Uses
- Waste processing
- Environmental equipment
- Oilfield equipment
- Chloride environments
Download Our Alloy Guide
Download Our Where Used Guide
Tool steel alloys are high carbon chrome steels containing differing amounts of molybdenum, cobalt and/or vanadium or other...
Grade Ferritic Stainless Steels. Description Stainless steels owe their ability to resist corrosion primarily to the presence of...