Customized Centrifugal Castings
Sandusky International is the world leader in custom-made large diameter cylinders in long, unwelded lengths. Sandusky pioneered the centrifugal casting process a century ago and offers unparalleled flexibility in dimensions, composition and properties. Our manufactuing process ensures inherent roundness, straightness and uniform wall thickness. When multiple shorter lengths are needed, several pieces can be economically made from a single casting.
Centrifugal casting's grain structure provides cylinders with uniformly high, non-directional mechanical properties. Because they are inherently round and concentric, cylinders have greater dimensional stability, making them ideal for a diverse variety of applications. Sandusky's casting process also offers enhanced flexibility in cylindrical sizes and materials, both ferrous and nonferrous.
But producing cylinders with superior quality takes more than a superior manufacturing process. It takes company-wide commitment. It takes the hightest quality state-of-the-art equipment such as custom engineered lathes mounted on bedrock to ensure stability of precision machining. And, most important, it takes experienced personnel to run that equipment.
- Custom Engineered Centrifugals
Ingot (Including AOD-refined ingot)
- All 300 Series Stainless Ingot
- All 400 Series Stainless Ingot
- All Duplex Grade Ingot
- All Tool Steel Ingot
- All Monel Ingot
- All Nickel Based Alloy Ingot
- All Low Alloy Steel Ingot
Sandusky Engineered Products Specializes In:
- 310 – CK20
- Nickel X
- OD of 12" - 60" / 305 mm - 1524 mm; lengths up to 432" / 10,975 mm
- Non Ferrous and carbon steel to 80,000# / 36,400 kg
- Stainless steel to 135,000# / 61,400 kg
Quality and certifications
- ISO 9001:2008
- Lloyd's Register - Copper Alloy Castings for Valves, Liners, Bushes and Fittings
- ABS / American Bureau of Shipping
- Det Norske Veritas
- GL / Germanischer Lloyd
- MOD Defence Equipment & Support
- ASTM, ASME and military specifications
- AOD processing
- Automated stress relief
- Full machining including turning, boring, grinding, drilling, and roll balance for parts up to 500" / 12,700 mm in length and 200,000# / 90,900 kg.
- Solidification modeling
- Twist and gun drilling
- Recycling and environmental programs