Blog Specialized Metal Alloys For Pulp & Paper Applications
January 6, 2022
For decades, MetalTek’s Sandusky International and Sandusky Limited Divisions have centrifugally cast, precisely machined, and expertly drilled suction roll shells. If you partner with MetalTek, you get suction roll shell materials developed through technical expertise of what works and what doesn’t.
We offer multiple suction roll shell materials, from Alloy CA15 for mild environments to the unmatched performance of the patented Alloy 86 for the harshest, most highly loaded environments.
The below are specialized alloys for pulp & paper applications. If you have any questions on these, or any, metal alloys for your next project, contact us today.
- Best Service Performance of Any Roll Shell
- Superior Performance in Highly Loaded Press Applications
- Superior Corrosion-Fatigue Strength in Corrosive Thiosulfate Containing White Waters
- Lower Residual Stress than Any Other Duplex Stainless
- Superior Resistance to Fatigue Crack Growth to Maximize Life
- Superior Corrosion-Fatigue Strength in Aggressive White Waters, Similar Chemistry to A-86
- Competitive Cast Duplex with Excellent Resistance to Fatigue Crack Growth and Lower Residual Stress than Fabricated Rolled & Welded Shells
- Suitable for Nipped Applications
- Manufacture Cycle Times Reduced, Shortening Lead Times
- Excellent Resistance to Fatigue Crack Growth
- Superior Corrosion-Fatigue Strength in Aggressive White Water
- Same Base Chemistry as Alloy 86 With A Modified Heat Treatment
- Lower Residual Stress than Fabricated Rolled & Welded Shells
- In Service Since 1998
- Economical Martensitic Stainless Steel
- Very Good Corrosion-Fatigue Strength in Mild Environments
- Low Residual Stress to Maximize Life
- In Continuous Service Since 1954
Download Our Alloy Guide
Download Our Where Used Guide
Stainless Steel VS Aluminum Castings: When To Use Each
Selecting the best metal alloy for your components can be challenging. Two popular choices are aluminum and stainless...